Friday, October 19, 2007

His Own Way

Around two in the afternoon I heard Anne rushing to her cubicle and saying something about an explosion in Glorietta. When I went to her workstation a few seconds later, I found out that she was reading a breaking news on www.gmanews.tv . I went back to my pc and opened the same website. According to the initial report, an explosion caused by LPG happened in Glorietta 2 around 1:30pm that killed 4 and injured not less than 60.

I guess everyone in the office was hooked on the same website waiting for news updates. As the minutes passed, more and more were reported injured and killed. Links to websites that contain pictures of the scene were forwarded through instant messengers. By looking at the photos, you wont believe that it was just an LPG that exploded but a bomb.

My little grudge to the security guards was triggered again. Initial investigations say that at least 2Kg of explosive might have been used. Damn! How could a bomb that big was able to get thru "security"? Hmmmm let me guess... The suspect might have dressed well. He probably was wearing branded long sleeves and trousers with shiny leather shoes. Some (I mean not all but there are many out there) guards only check the bags of poor-looking people and exempt the opposite. Perhaps the bag of the suspect wasn't check. They should change their attitude.

Suddenly, I remember Dormine, my classmate in college who now works in Makati Stock Exchange building, so I texted her if she was okay. Her reply was "Hehe buanga, nsaved ko s akng pgkalimtanun rye. :D m0ad2 r b ta ko gnha mgrocery. Hehe ok ra ko rye. Sa quiapo na lng ko mlaag. Hehe Thanx"(Hehe it's crazy, I was saved by my forgetfulness rye. :D i was planning to go there for grocery. Hehe im ok rye. I'll wander in quiapo instead. Hehe Thanx) Thank God she was fine.

But there was still something to thank Him for. I was retelling the news to John thru MSN when he popped a message saying that Tetet, his cousin, was there just 15 minutes before the explosion. I asked him for Tet's MSN id so I can chat with her. According to her, she was in Glorietta2 around 1pm to get invitation cards. The store was under an escalator in the ground floor. She was also going to meet her friend there at 2:30. I couldn't imagine if she waited there. But God has His own way. At around 1:15 Tetet walked going to Glorietta 4 then 15 minutes after...



Thank God!

Read some First person account about the incident here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice work, as always!

Indeed God has His own ways that we might not understand at first, but its purpose we should realize at the latter.