Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Friends, I Would Like You To Meet My Special Neighbors

I woke up early today eventhough I slept late. To wake up at seven thirty in the morning is not usual for me. This rare occurrence can be blamed to my very energetic neighbors. Why energetic? Allow me to introduce to you the people in my neighborhood.

Neighbors #1 lives just right next door and I mean just next door coz the only thing that divides our places is a thin plywood wall. As early as 6am you can already hear their very loud karaoke playing "Tinamaan ka na ba ng kidlat na nakakagulat (Have you ever been hit by lightning that stuns)" song or whatever the title of that corny song. Yes my friends, that's their favorite song and everytime they play it I just want to shout to answer "Yes my dear good neighbors I've been struck a lot times so next song please and let me go back to sleep." And today was a special day... They put the volume to the maximum level leaving my ears helpless.

My newly recognized Neighbor #2 is a faceless void since all I know about him is that he has a car. And today he just loves to make his car alarm system make annoying sound repeatedly from 6am to 8:30am

Neighbors #3 are from the other apartment just meters away from ours. They are a family of 5. The eldest giant son is in highschool. The second son is an 8-year old thief. Yup, he's a thief! He stole my flipflops. I looked for it for days only to find my poor slippers already shrunk and dirty on his feet while hes playing basketball. The youngest is a 4 year old spoiled girl who has a sweet and cute voice when she talks but when her tantrums strike her wails will drive you mad. You will know that the man of their house is about to leave coz you will hear his TamarawFX being conditioned and we just love listening to the noise of the car. Tess, the mom, is the most energetic of them all. She goes to the plaza every morning to join an aerobics session together with her girl friends. I guess its already their habit after they exercise to go to Tess' place and have another lung exercise. What do they do? They shout at each other! Yes my friends, they shout and not "talk". I guess that's how they talk way back when they were still in the mountains. Perhaps they were close neighbors then like Tess lived in one hill while her bestfriends lived in another hilltops. And the best thing of all that never fails to wake me is the sweet-to-the-ear cursing that they do. The just love to shout the PI word as if there's no tomorrow for them to say that curse. "Putang Ina(Whore Mother)" here, "Putang Ina" there, and "Putang Ina" everywhere even if there are children in the compound that can hear them.

Nice neighborhood, isn't it?

2 comments:

@}-- ruby --{@ said...

weeeeeh......... that's some lovely neighborhood... you're in!

R Y E said...

hehehe parang survivor dun. uso nakawan. pati shampoo hehehe